It is understandable. The sad thing is the VCAA and resulting form was the brainstorm of a politician who believed it was needed to help claimants better understand the process.
The official name of legislation that created the form is ‘Veterans’ Claim Assistance Act‘
It was intended to speed up the claim processing. All it seemed to do was add confusion.
Here is what you need to do with this form:
1. If you have sent in all the documentation required then check the first box which states. Even if you have additional information check this box and attach the items to the notice when you mail it back.
2. If you check the second box you’ve essentially added another 4 months or more before you will get notice of the decision and the first benefit check (if approved).
You have 60 days from the stamped date on the first page of the letter from the VA to send the VCAA Notice Response form back to the VA.
Read the letter carefully and compare what they say you need to send in to what the letter states they received (usually 3rd page in) before thinking you did the claim all wrong.
Latest search terms:
- vcaa notice response
- vcaa notice response form
- vcaa notice response form pdf
- vcaa notice
- vcaa form
- VA FORM VCAA NOTICE RESPONSE
- VCAA letter
- VA VCAA form
- VA Form VCAA